Brewery and Distillery Tour Northern NSW – The Hipster Sipster
Allow up to 6.5 hours
12 Guest Limit
Brewery and Distillery Tour – Gold Coast and Byron Bay
*****UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO BORDERS CLOSED AND NSW A HOTSPOT OUR TOURS ARE NOT RUNNING AT THIS TIME INTO NSW!!! IF YOU BOOK ON FOR A FUTURE DATE AND THE CLOSURES ARE STILL IN PLACE WE WILL CONTACT YOU FOR REFUNDS ETC.
Join us from the Gold Coast and Tweed Valley on our Hipster Sipster Brewery and Distillery Tour! Your fun drink pilots drive you south over the border into the beautiful scenic regions of Northern NSW and to Byron Bay.
Visit 2 distilleries, Lord Byron Distillery (Byron Bay), Cape Byron Distillery (Byron Bay) or Husk Distillery (Tumbulgum) where you can taste agricole rum, sloe gins and bespoke spirits that our collaborators have passionately created. Fall in love with the scenery and depending on the day take a brief tour through a micro-distillery or drink local spirits in the rainforest.
We take you to 2 passionately owned and localised breweries where you will enjoy tasting a variety of craft beer. Take in views of Mt Warning off in the distance at Earth Beer Co (Cudgen) and relax with a cold beer in what use to be an avocado packing shed, and our last brewery will be either Stone & Wood (Byron Bay) Wandana brewing Co (Mullumbinby) or Balter (Currumbin)
- Visit 2 distilleries and 2 breweries in Northern NSW and Byron Bay
- Distillery paddles, generous beer tastings
- Beer and spirit info and commentary, laughs, a good banter and some cheekiness
- Small group tours up to 12 pax
- Light snacks on the bus
- 2 fun and friendly Beer Pilots moving your around safely
- Karaoke for the ride in between venues, roaming mic, LED lighting, great sound system in our party bus!
- NEW**Pickup from your accommodation if close to Gold Coast Highway from Surfers Paradise down to Coolangatta and into Tweed, Kingscliff and Casuarina
- Photos of the day
For more info, keep reading below past the photos on this page! Venues we visit can change on the day, if you don’t see a tour date then get in touch with us here!
Venues you will visit:
TOUR START: 11am
DURATION: (7hrs) approx
GROUP SIZE: Maximum 12 people
WHAT TO BRING: Photo ID, charged phone, hipster hat or beard
LUNCH: Lunch can be purchased from one of the food trucks or venues we visit on the day (own expense)
Our brewery and distillery tour from the Gold Coast and Byron Bay will have you tasting Agricole rum, Sloe Gin, and the famous Ink Gin at Husk Distillers. Here you will not only fall in love with their craft spirits, but the scenery and their farm!
Take in the beautiful views as we drive along the valley where the red earth meets the avocado trees and enjoy a beer at Earth Beer Company in what use to be a fruit packing shed located in Cudgen, NSW.
Try local craft rums, gins or liquors from Byron Bay as we visit a sustainable micro-distillery at Lord Byron Distillery. Head behind the scenes and enjoy a quick tour of the distilling process and taste their unique craft spirits OR we visit Cape Byron Distillery hidden in a rainforest and famous for Brookies Macadamia Liquor for a taste of local gins and liquors.
Our last brewery story can be either Wandana in Mullumbimby, Stone and Wood in Byron or Balter in Currumbin as it depends on availability. Here you will enjoy a cold and refreshing beer to finish off the day. We don’t take life too seriously and love a good laugh and chat as we bring you to these amazing breweries and distilleries that will get you coming back for more!
Please note: we try our best to visit all the venues mentioned on this tour. Due to Covid guidelines/limitations or other reasons out of our control, we may visit a different venue on the day.
Smooth Hoperator is happy to pick you up and drop you back to your accommodation, if it’s close to the Gold Coast Highway from Surfers Paradise down to Coolangatta and into Tweed, Kingscliff, and Casuarina. Otherwise, please see a list of locations that we can pick you up at or get in touch with us to discuss. Pickups usually start from 10am.
- Surfers Paradise –Mantra Towers of Chevron Mantra Towers Surfers
- Broadbeach – Mantra on the Park Mantra Broadbeach
- Burleigh Heads – 1811 Burleigh Beach Tower Burleigh Beach Tower
- Tugun – Backbone Bar Backbone Bar
- Kirra – Kirra Surf Apartments Kirra Surf Apartments
- Kingscliff – Kingscliff Hotel Kingscliff Hotel car park
- Kingscliff – Mantra on Salt Mantra on Salt
- Casuarina – Oaks Casuarina Santai Resort Santai Resort
Drop offs from 5.30-6.30pm, Casuarina, Kingscliff, and along the GC Highway heading north from Coolangatta to Surfers Paradise. We are happy to drop you back at your accommodation or home if it’s close to the Gold Coast highway (within reason).